Zodiac is the leading provider of premium, innovative pool and spa products and is committed to designing and producing the most energy efficient, earth-friendly pool products and systems available. We strive to create the perfect pool experience and designs and produces the equipment that makes the pool work.
We currently have a full time opening for a Mechanical Designer IV in our Vista, California headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Designer with strong drafting skills utilizing SolidWorks. This position will work within the Engineering Department to create and modify drawings and is primarily responsible for the mechanical design of products within the Product Development team. Most of the project work will be on new products with a smaller amount focused on updating and modifying existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of 2D drawings from 3D models or parts in SolidWorks using common drafting standards.
- Update and modify 2D drawings based on changes required by engineering team.
- Properly maintain drawing system integrity in product data management system.
- Work well independently to complete groups of drawing projects with good documentation and organization.
- Coordinate/collaborate with engineers to create new and/or modify existing technical drawings that communicate engineering ideas, designs, and information in support of engineering functions.
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment with moderate to complexity projects.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Must be able to generate complex surfaces, detail and assembly drawings in SolidWorks.
- Verify information provided is accurately represented and all industry standard drafting standards are met.
- Candidate may have to supervise other drafters and engineers on large drawing projects to ensure consistency and cohesiveness throughout all engineering packages.
- Must be a creative problem solver able to demonstrate a history of personal initiative, and have the ability to work in early stage cross-functional teams.
- The successful candidate for this position must have a high degree of personal motivation, initiative, intellectual curiosity, and solid communication skills.
- Should be detail oriented and well organized. Must be comfortable working in a fast growth environment.
- Capable of making and checking detail and layout drawings.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma + Vocational Training in CAD.
- 8+ years working design / drafting experience with consumer based products, with respect to injection molded components and sheet metal design.
- 8+ years experience with drafting standards including ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Extensive mechanical design and drafting experience with SolidWorks.
- 8+ years drafting experience with SolidWorks, currently using 2016.
- Certified Solidworks Professional
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit http://www.zodiac.com/en/united-states/company/careers
Zodiac Pools is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.